Retro-commissioning is the application of the commissioning process to existing buildings. Retro-commissioning is a process that seeks to improve how building equipment and systems function together. Depending on the age of the building, retrocommissioning can often resolve problems that occurred during design or construction, or address problems that have developed throughout the building’s life.
In all, retro-commissioning improves a building’s operations and maintenance (O&M) procedures to enhance overall building performance. Retro-commissioning reduces building operating costs that can lead to an increase in net operating income. Building managers notice fewer occupant complaints and increased ability to manage systems. Building staff receive training and improved documentation, and building occupants are more comfortable. Savings in operating costs could reach up to 10-15%. Retrocommissioning services include:
• Piping and Ductworks random check through CCTV inspection, which shall be conducted for ductworks, plumbing, chilled water & firefighting piping networks using borescope cameras.
The objective of the CCTV Inspection for duct work and piping to create dilapidation reports to help the client evaluating the current situation for the installed ductworks and piping by being aware of the current statues of mentioned systems, and then the decision will be taken for each system after the inspection reports have been studied.
The main benefits of CCTV Inspection using borescope cameras:
- Identify problems and help in solving them more quickly and efficiently. This will reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Preventative repairs can be done as a result of information collected by the camera.
- Avoid unnecessary costs associated with incorrect diagnosis of the problems.
- Give precious and fast reports.
- Completely non-destructive.
CCTV Inspection will be conducted through the following steps:
- Site survey and drawing check to determine the location of test points.
- Secure the required suitable access needed for the inspection.
- Going through inspections, recording videos and taking photos wherever needed.
- Create a comprehensive report to describe the current system status.
- Performance and operation testing for systems and major equipment (AHU’s, Pumps, Heat
- Exchangers, etc.).
By combining our expertise, experience and the energy of our certified team, each client receives best quality of service.